Find a Recipe

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baked Penne with Sausage

This is what we are having for dinner tonight. I made it now and Nolan will throw it in the oven around 5. I will let you know how we like it. Looks yummy=) Let me know if any of you try it/ like it!

...So, I was not in love with this dish, but I did love how easy it was.  I will modify and repost the same general idea of a recipe later.  The peas were so pretty  in this dish, but I really didn't like the sweet taste they gave it. Also, it could have used a little kick of something. Anyhow, if you try it, skip the peas...
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package Hillshire Farm®  Fat Free Smoked Sausage
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups milk
8 ounces uncooked penne pasta ( I use whole wheat)
1 1/2 cups French-fried onions, divided
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup frozen peas
Granulated garlic
Freshly ground pepper

Directions:
Slice Sausage into  1/4 inch pieces
Brown in a skillet for about 3 minutes
In a large mixing bowl, combine soup and milk.
Mix in browned sausage, peas, uncooked pasta, 1/2 onions, 1/2 cheese, garlic and pepper to taste.
Pour into a 13X9 baking dish
Cover tightly with foil
Bake @ 375 for 45 minutes.
Remove foil and top with remaining onions and cheese.
Bake 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese.
Let stand 5-7 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment